International Development Fellows Program: The Catholic Relief Services (CRS) International Development Fellows Program (IDFP) is intended to give people who are interested in a career in international relief and development an opportunity to increase their overseas experience and gain broad exposure to CRS programs.
Each year, it has approximately 20 placements with our country programs (based overseas). Assignments are for one year.
Fellowship Application Eligibility Requirements:
- Graduate degree in a field relevant to international development or a Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of international development/management experience
- Professional proficiency in French, Spanish, Arabic, or Portuguese. French preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- At least 6 months overseas work or volunteer experience in a developing country OR significant domestic community development experience in addition to time spent overseas
- Strong cross-cultural skills with the ability to adapt to the local culture
- Ability to operate effectively in a stressful, fast changing environment where security could change unexpectedly
- Fluency in English with strong oral and written communication skills and strong analytical skills.All interested candidates must apply on-line. Unlike in previous years, it will not be accepting applications or conducting formal interviews during the visits to universities.Catholic Relief Services (CRS) provides the International Development Fellows Program (IDFP) participants with the following benefits:
- Cost of living adjustment
- Transportation to and from the country of assignment
- Medical Evacuation Coverage
- Medical, Life, Travel, Accident, and Personal/Household
- Effects Insurance.The IDFP Application will become available in September.
Deadline: November 1, 2019
For more information and application, see: International Development Fellows Program (IDFP)