- Small grants for junior researchers
- Small grants for mid-career and/or senior researchers.
- To increase African leadership, involvement and visibility in neglected tropical disease (NTD) operational and social science research, including through direct engagement with national NTD programs;
- To contribute to improving the research capacity of an existing cadre of African NTD researchers and strengthening African research institutions in the process by supporting operational and social science research on NTDs that is locally originated and African-led, either by junior researchers or experienced researchers ready to take on larger research programs;
- To improve South-South communication and collaboration among researchers, policymakers and implementers, and for community participation in research and agenda-setting;
- To provide an opportunity for young upcoming researchers not only to gain experience in research, but also in preparation of grant applications and management;
- To supplement a clearly defined aspect of ongoing research or to answer a new question linked to ongoing research being carried out by mid-career/senior researchers;
- To encourage a model of North-South collaboration which promotes engagement between researchers in the South and their control programs, and improves local leadership and ownership of initiatives and activities.
Funding Information: The small grants targeted at junior and senior researchers at the Masters or PhD level will provide grants ranging from USD $5,000 – $25,000.
How to Apply: Interested applicants can apply online through the given website.
Apply by 30th September.
For Eligibility Criteria and More Information and application details, see African Researchers Small Grants